Ok so yeah… so even though I’m late to the fun it IS still Friday. Regardless of the fact that I woke up thinking it was Saturday due to no work today, and dropped my kid off at an Easter party. Ahem. On the wrong day.
So my blogger buddy Anita over at A Still and Quiet Madness started up a fun game this morning – blog tag. She posted Seven Things You Don’t Know About Her and dared her followers to come up with their own. I’m all about telling you guys random things about myself, so here’s my contribution –
1) I passed out in the London tube one time. Totally awesome. I was about three months pregnant and suddenly, I was just… down. British men are very chivalrous!
2) The house I lived in before this one was quite haunted. I could tell you some stories, but I’ll save those for Halloween time blog posts.
3) I double majored in English Literature and also Religion (as in the study of), and minored in History. The result is that I am not qualified to do much in the work field, but I am your go-to person for decoding LOST.
4) My yard is five acres. Seriously. I’ve written novels in my head while mowing. Cover to cover.
5) The b/f (who btw is AWESOME) was one of my best friends in high school. He was an urban import (we were highly rural) my sophomore year. We were bf’s for three years and never so much as held hands. I hadn’t talked to or seen him for over a dozen years (he moved to Pittsburgh) when I got a divorce, and was hanging out with old friends and said, “Does anyone know whatever happened to ______?” Turns out he’d moved back home, somebody had his number and gave him a call. He dropped by and it was like this – SHA-ZAM! As teens it just wasn’t there, as adults we both looked at each other and said, “Uh… Hi.” : )
6) I’m an intensely practical person – if I haven’t worn, used it, or touched it in a year – it’s gone. (This does not apply to books).
7) I’m insane with the hobbies and need to back off them – I’m a knitter, a cross stitcher and an amateur genealogist. I’ve traced my German lines to the 16th century, my Irish I’m still stuck in Pennsylvania around 1775. I did unearth an honest-to-goodness axe murderer in that Irish line – no shit. I can get a blog post out of that, and I will 🙂
Who else wants to play? Even if you don’t get that blog post up until tomorrow, I think the challenge is on going! Tell us 7 Things About Yourself!